Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pestilence

Our house has been hard hit this week.

It started last weekend when Michael came down with a 24 hour stomach bug. Let me tell you, it was some sort of miracle that he fixed the toilet in our bathroom Saturday afternoon. Because Saturday night he sat up in bed and barely made it there before having a bit of a vom session. He proceeded to get sick a few times that night and spent all of the next day resting and trying to recoup.

I started feeling off on Tuesday when I had some nausea. Good times, you know, reminiscent of my 5 months of morning sickness!

June got a cold, which is very sad for us to hear her cough and have trouble sleeping. But, it has also made her very snuggly and Michael and I have both enjoyed her moments of throwing herself against our stomachs/chests/heads while laying down and just holding her against us.

Then the Wrath of the Flu came upon me. I saw the Doc on Friday and she just gave me a, "Uh, I think you caught what your husband had." With a prescription for an antibiotic I was only supposed to have filled if I think I'm getting a sinus infection, I've almost entirely lost faith in the medical profession. I diagnosed myself with the flu when I saw online that fever, chills, sore throat, achiness and congestion often means flu.

So there you have it. A very sorry state our household is in.

And to add insult to injury? Our plans to see the George Strait concert? Cancelled. Arrangements to babysit our nephew and take him to the Glendale Chocolate Festival? Down the drain. Lunch with friends at a place featured on the Food Network? Rescheduled.

So I hope we all recover soon. I'm starting to forget what it's like not to have someone needing health-related attention at all hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment