Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year

Michael and I decided to stay in last night. What with the exciting last 10-or-so days we've had, and what with June's sleep schedule getting a little out-of-whack, we thought that a quiet night in was exactly what we needed.

After putting the baby to bed, we enjoyed some sushi, a pizzookie and a movie (Midnight in Paris).
It's funny, exactly a year ago we counted down and then kissed and then whispered to each other that it was the year our baby would be born. So much has happened - has changed - in our lives since then. I will always look back on 2011 as a turning point in my life, one that brought me so much happiness, so much change, so much growing up, so much appreciation.

I don't really believe in New Year's Resolutions because I hate that everyone makes them in the beginning of the year and forgets them by February. Resolutions can and should be made all year round. But I'll share with you some of the ones I've been thinking of lately.

1. Listen more
2. Judge less
3. Take a class to learn something new
4. Keep our marriage separate and well-kindled.
5. Be the best kind of mother to June I can be. To me this means many things, but in particular it means being fun, creative, patient, intuitive, protective and compassionate.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment