Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Christmas Post that Almost Wasn't

Yikes! Could have sworn I already blogged about this but it must have slipped through. I couldn't let some of these pictures go unposted, however, which is why you're still seeing yet another Christmas post halfway through January.

One thing that has been pretty standard in my family's home is the spreading-out of Christmas. We'd usually have some kind of celebration the weekend before we flew to Illinois so that we wouldn't have to haul all of our gifts out there for the actual holiday, and so that we could exchange all together if some members couldn't go back to Illinois that year. I've always enjoyed it because, as a Christmas enthusiast, it just means more Christmas!

This year my immediate family did our exchange on the 29th, after Michael, June and I got back from Indianapolis and after the extended family left Arizona.

June had to open her gifts before dinner because we were swiftly approaching her bedtime.
She got great gifts, but the big one was from my parents: a little walker that also lights up and has an activity center.
I have a really cute little video of her walking with Kai in the background shouting, "She's doing it, she's walking!" But for now I'll just have to post this blurry iPhone picture and hope you understand just how adorable and proud and excited she looked.
We gave Kai one of his gifts to open so he didn't feel left out. Michael and I got him some foam swords, which he proceeded to use to fight everyone in the room.
Mom's on her knees because Kai already chopped her legs off. Obviously.
Kai must have been very skilled with his sword to have "killed" Daddy and Papa.
And then dinner, sweet dinner. For the I-don't-remember-how-many-years-in-a-row, we've ordered Montgomery Inn ribs, sauce and Grater's ice cream for Christmas. They are so delectable that I won't even try to describe. Just: delish. Pure delish.
June and I, both bibbed.
After dinner, after dishes, after baby bedtimes, came the gift opening. Our big gift to Kai was a Buzz Lightyear sweatshirt. He put it on immediately and loved it so much that all of my attempts to capture it on camera looked like this:
Or this:
Or this:
We had to (almost) literally hold him down to get a good one.
By now I'm a little tired of wishing you a Merry Christmas at the end of my posts, so I will wish you a merry Infinity and Beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment