Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ring in the Season

The weekend of Thanksgiving proved a fruitful time for welcoming the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. (I find this to be the greatest weekend for this kind of thing. Michael prefers to wait until the first of December, but June and I wore him down this year.)

June, Michael and I stopped to listen to these dedicated thespians in Old Town Scottsdale on Small Business Saturday. The poor souls were probably sweating through their pantaloons. I was warm and I was just wearing jeans and a long-sleeved top.
We also went to the Ahwatukee Festival of Lights, but the lights portion doesn't kick in until after dark. So we looked around the craft street:
And the bounce houses/obstacle courses.
We even saw Santa!
Hey Santa, we got a sleepy infant to look semi-content, the least you could do is give us some smeyes.

And then, of course, the decorating of my parents' Christmas tree.
June was mostly an observer.


So I guess there's no stopping it now - Christmas is definitely on its way. Now I just need to get some Christmas shopping done. (Both sides of the family are doing name-drawings this year. One for the immediate families and one for the extended. I just happened to draw the four patriarchs - my dad, my Uncle Dan, Michael's dad and Michael's Uncle Ken. AKA the four most difficult to buy for. So...sweaters for all?)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Julie Jules: I don't know about us being so hard to buy for....wallet, belt, books, Crown Royal Black, gold toe socks!! What more could a man want? I can, however, remember the exact same thing about your Grandpa John: all we could ever get him were brown socks, brown clip-on ties, circus peanuts and Bic lighters....what a guy, and I do mean that!!

    Love, AD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your enthusiasm for the Christmas season! It looks like you had a great time starting the season. I was thrilled to see June on Santa's lap! That's quite an accomplishment for an infant!!!! Enjoy the season! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete