Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY Scarf Organizer

Items needed:
  • Hanger
  • Metal key chain rings (I bought a package at Michael's for $2.99)
  • Ribbon
  • Hot glue gun
Steps:

1. Use your HGG to attach the key chain rings to the bottom of your hanger. I started at one side and attached a ring to the hanger.
2. For the next ring, I put a dot of glue on the hanger and another on the next ring in line.This way, I was able to set the ring in the dot on the hanger and have that second dot of glue attach the second ring to the one already attached to the hanger. Do this over again until the bottom of your hanger has one solid row of rings.
3. Wrap ribbon around the rings/hanger to make pretty and add a little added security.
Voila!

4. Add scarves.
5. Marvel at your new organization system. Wonder what you're supposed to do with the basket where you used to keep your tangled scarves.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME! I am definitely making it (:

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been looking or a way to display my ladderyarn scarf selection. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is excellent and i will give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I'm gonna try this on wooden hangers (I get them at IKEA for about $7- for a bundle of eight they're surprisingly sturdy for the price), and give them as gifts at Christmas. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete