Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I'm so thankful. For my family and friends. For my husband and our little one, who had a big day yesterday.

First, I felt her kicking hard while sitting at my desk, so I leaned back to appreciate. Suddenly I felt a huge kick and saw my belly move around on its own! What a treat! What a kicker! I feel like she's already ornery.

Second, when I was laying on the couch later - as I am wont to do - I felt her kicking again. When she stopped, I made big soothing rubs across my belly. When I stopped, she started kicking again. And we did this over and over again for a half an hour because I just didn't get tired of it.

I'm going to put off researching if babies are capable of this kind of game because I prefer my sugar-coated belief that BabyShock and I had some serious bonding last night.

I'm thankful for the dinner that I'll be eating later today, and the people who will be sitting around the table.

I'm thankful that I've been off Zofran for 5 days.

I'm thankful for you. And I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

  1. We're thankful for you too :) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, I have tears of joy in my eyes as I read your post. Not only for your sweetness and heartfelt thanks but because of the fact that I played those very same "games" with you when I was pregnant. You are correct that that game never gets old. Enjoy you little girl and I'll see you around the Thanksgiving table in a few hours!
    Love and hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that we nicknamed Michael "Thumper" when he was a baby...I hope that she leaves you a footprint like Michael gave me as she gets bigger. I'm so glad to hear that you've been able to be off the medication..I hope that means you are feeling better. Enjoy your "turkey games" today...can't wait to see that blog! Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely beautiful, Julie. And happy thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete