Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

Confession:

I watch the Bachelor Pad on ABC. This, for those of you who don't know, is The Bachelor(ette)'s trashy cousin where some of the old contestants get together and compete for love and money. Last night there was a competition of who was the best kisser. All the girls were blind-folded and then made to kiss all the guys and then the same routine was done with the roles reversed. Michael was so disgusted that he stood up and went to the kitchen, deciding he'd rather wash dishes than continue watching the awkwardness. I kept watching.

Observation:

I fully expected the men to give the best kisser nod to the girls who were really going at it, kissing aggressively and making us at home squirm from discomfort. Instead, the girl who won was the one who admitted to using no tongue! She said she just tried to be "soft and sweet" because that's what she likes, if I remember correctly. I can't believe the guys chose this for the win! Don't you just picture all these horn dogs going for the girl who seems most...how to say this delicately?...ready and willing to go?
Nope! They went with the girl who kissed like the girl next door.

Observation:

The awesomely awful or awfully awesome tv show "The Ghost Whisperer" has commercials almost exclusively from life, health and car insurance agencies. Also, Activia Yogurt (it helps keep you regular). There is some kind of cosmic connection here and I will one day put my finger on what it is.

Confession:

When I see someone in public who I know I've seen somewhere before but can't place, or who I know but do not want to chat with (like that evil girl from my high school track team), I will act as if I haven't seen them. HOWEVER, this is way too obvious and they probably notice you noticing them, SO... I usually contort my face into a horribly unattractive expression because no one would ever willingly make a face like that if they knew someone in the area, right?? Examples include: the look on your face when you're cleaning your teeth with your tongue, playing with your lips puckered in the "fish" position and the look you adopt when trying to pick off a piece of dead cheek skin from the inside of your mouth with your tongue/teeth.

4 comments:

  1. Thank GOD I'm not the only one that has that inner cheek skin picking thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third post I see on thiss how this week. I really need to get on it and watch this show already eh?

    ReplyDelete